Rep. Hammer Announces Re-election Campaign For 4th Term
Monday, November 9th, 2015 @ 10:50AM
I am pleased to announce that I am seeking reelection for the House of Representa- tive District 28 seat serving central Saline County. It is a pleasure to serve the constituents of my district during my past terms. My goals have been simple:
- Help constituents with their needs.
- Pass laws that reflect the values of those I represent.
- Stop laws that do not represent the values of those I represent.
- Bring a positive impression on Saline County.
- Work to operate an efficient state government.
The Committees that I serve on include:
- Arkansas Legislative Counsel
a. Charitable, Penal and Correctional Institutions Subcommittee of the Arkansas Legislative Counsel
b. Litigation Reports Oversight Subcommittee
- Joint Budget Committee
a. Personnel Subcommittee of Joint Budget Committee
- Legislative Joint Auditing Committee (Past House Chair)
a. Counties and Municipalities Subcommittee of Legislative Audit
- Joint Committee of Advance Communications and Information Technology
- House Committee on Public Health, Welfare, and Labor
a. Health Services Permanent Subcommittee
- House Committee on City, County, and Local Affairs
- Health Reform Legislative Task Force
- House Chair of Joint Performance Review Committee
The bills that I sponsored this past session include:
- Allow those who have served or are serving in the military and are between the ages of 18 and 21 to obtain a concealed weapon permit, Act 105
- Self-protection bill, Act 828
- Support of Volunteer Fire Departments, Act 693, 697, 961
- Clarify the definition of “church” for purposes of retail liquor permit, Act 1172
- The prevention and detection of fraud and other improper activities within state government, Act 1103
- Amend the laws concerning the procurement of services by the state and to amend requirements for state procurements, Act 557
Some of the awards and recognition that I have been honored to receive include:
- 2013 Champion Legislator presented by the American Heart Association
- 2014 Citizen Achievement Award presented by the Benton Police Department
- 2013 Friend of Nursing Award presented by the Arkansas Nurses Association
- 2011 Advocate of Justice Award presented by the Arkansas Prosecuting Attorneys
- 2015 Salt Bowl Donnie Burks Award presented by Benton Athletic
In addition to my duties as State Representative I serve as Chaplain for Saline Memorial Hos- pice and Pastor of Saline Baptist Church in Tull. My wife Karen is a teacher of 33 years at Benton High School.
My commitment to you when reelected is to focus my energy in the following areas:
- To continue to identify and expose areas of inefficiency and waste in state government agencies thus reducing the need for tax increases.
- To continue to push for greater accountability for the spending within the state budget among all agencies.
- To work in conjunction with administration to recruit high wage jobs to the state.
- To protect family values.
- To promote Saline County economically and as an area of family values.
To help me achieve these goals I would like to ask you to help in one of the following ways:
- With a financial contribution.
- With a willingness to volunteer in the event I should draw an opponent.
To assist me in either of these areas please contact me at:
1411 Edgehill Dr.
Benton, AR 72015
Or call me at 501-840-3841.
I would like to thank you in advance for your support.
Rep. Kim D. Hammer